FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
(Click to open, click to close)
Q. How can I reserve a space in one of the Malibu Soccer Academy sessions?
- All campers may reserve a space with a $100 deposit along with a completed application. To do this, please visit our website www.malibusocceracademy.com and do one of the following two things:
• Apply online and complete the online registration process with a credit card.
• Print an application and mail it to the address below with your deposit/tuition check.
There are limited number of spaces availalbe for each camp so be sure to reserve your spot early!!!.
Q. How do I pay my balance and where do I send it?
- To pay your balance, you can simply mail a check payable to “Malibu Soccer Academy” to:
Malibu Soccer Academy
PO Box 6742
Malibu, CA 90264
Or you can log into your online account at our website www.malibusocceracademy.com and click the “Online Account Login” button on the left side of the home page. * (This is only possible IF you initially paid with a credit card and established an online account.)
Q. When is the balance for camp due?
- All registrations received before June 15th, must be paid in full by June 15th. If you are applying for camp after June 15th, you must pay your entire balance in full at the time of registration. A late fee in the amount of $15 will automatically be added to your balance if the entire balance is not received by the due date.
Q. Can I fax in my application?
- NO. We must receive a completed camp application AND your camp payment together in order to reserve your spot.
Q. Can I pay by credit card?
- Yes. If you initially sign up by credit card, you will have established an online account that makes paying by credit card easy. If you initially did not sign up by credit card, but wish to pay your remaining balance by credit card, you will need to call us at (805) 529-6671 and we will manually enter your info.
Q. Are all the camps located on the Pepperdine campus?
- YES! All camps will be conducted on the campus of Pepperdine University, 24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90263. Residential Camps will utilize Tari Frahm Rokus Soccer Field…home of the Pepperdine Soccer program while the Day Camps will utilize Alumni Park on the lower part of the campus.
Q. What happens if my child is injured or sick during camp?
- Qualified trainers will be on duty for the duration of all camps to care for minor injuries and illness. Parents or guardians will be contacted immediately if there is a serious injury or a child needs to leave camp early for a medical reason. Please make a notation on the application form if there is any medical condition we should be aware of in advance of the camper¹s attendance to our soccer academies. Our athletic trainer will be available for questions on the first day of each camp and throughout the week.
Q. What if my child is sick or injured and cannot attend camp? Do I get a cash refund?
- Our cancellation policy is as follows: Cancellations must be requested in writing in order to receive either a camp voucher for next summers camp (2014 Malibu Soccer Academy) or a cash refund. Your email request must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds and vouchers will be less a $75 administrative fee.
CANCELLATION notices received after June 15, 2013 will only be eligible for a voucher for our 2014 summer camps less the $75 administrative fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations within 2 weeks of camp without a written doctors certificate. Once the doctor’s certificate is received your refund will be calculated less the cancellation fee of $75 plus any expenses (i.e., housing charges, dining charges, etc.) already incurred by MSA. If your child becomes sick or injured during camps you will be entitled to a prorated refund from the time you check out of camp less any non-refundable camp charges (i.e., housing charges, dining charges, etc.) incurred by the camp. If camp is not notified of cancellation prior to start of camp, full tuition will be forfeited.
Q. What does each camper receive?
- EVERY camper receives a Malibu Soccer Academy T-shirt. All RESIDENTIAL campers will also receive a custom Malibu Soccer Academy ball. In addition, all participants in the residential camps will receive an evaluation of their performance by their respective camp coach. All camps offer prizes and awards at the end of the week for its participants.
Q. What should my child bring to day camps?
- We encourage ALL HALF AND FULL DAY CAMPERS to bring the following things to day camp: Soccer Ball, Cleats and Shin Guards, Water Bottle, Snack, and Sun block (should be applied PRIOR to arrival) In addition, FULL DAY CAMPERS should bring a lunch, swim suit and towel for when we go to the pool. Pool will be unavailable for summer 2013 as it undergoes a major renovation. Our camps are sponsored by Gatorade so we will also have Gatorade stations for all campers.
Q. Do half-day campers need to bring a snack and/or lunch?
- All half-day campers should bring a snack for our break time. FULL DAY campers must bring a sack lunch daily as well as their swimsuit and towel for pool time. Pool will be unavailable for summer 2013 as it undergoes a major renovation.
Q. My child is a goalkeeper. Will you have goalkeeper coaches for his or her specialized training?
- Yes, specialized goalkeeper training will be conducted during each week of RESIDENTIAL camp by our excellent goalkeeping staff. For the first two sessions of each day, the field players are trained together and the goalkeepers are taken aside and trained as a group.
Q. Are there any group discounts?
- Yes. If you have a team of 8 or more, you will receive a $25 per camper discount for our overnight camps (Advanced and College ID Week) and a $15 per camper discount for our day camps. All group/team applications must be mailed in together.
Q. What should a camper bring with them for their overnight/residential camp?
- A packing list will be attached to your confirmation email. Below is a sample of that list. Please use this list as a guide while preparing for your respective camp:
Sleeping Bag or set of sheets and a blanket • 2 towels • Pillow with case • Soccer cleats • Shin guards • 3-4 pair of soccer shorts • 8 pair of soccer socks • 8 T-shirts (for training) • 2 pair jeans or shorts • Sweatshirt/windbreaker • Sweat Pants • Pajamas • Swiming Trunks/Bathing Suit • 1 pair of sandals Alarm Clock • Sunscreen/lip balm • Toiletries: soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, deodorant, hairbrush, etc... • Optional: pencils/pens, stamps, camera, film, stationery, spending money ($20-40) and any other items you feel you'll need.
Q. What airport is best to fly into?
- Either Los Angeles (LAX) or Burbank. Both are approximately 45 minutes from campus.
Q. Do you offer a shuttle service to take campers to and from the airport?
- Since we have a lot of players flying into our residential camps with different itineraries, we suggest using one of two shuttle services from LAX:
Prime Time Shuttle Service (800) RED VANS or (800) 733-8267
Super Shuttle (800) BLUE VAN or (800) 258-3826
Both pick up curbside at baggage claim and drop off to our camp check in site at Pepperdine.
Q. Do the campers receive a written evaluation?
- Yes, those campers participating in our College ID Week & Advanced Residential Camps will receive a brief written evaluation from their camp coach.
Q. Can I request a roommate? Can friends have a room near each other?
- Yes, we try to honor roommate requests in nearly every case. Both campers must request each other. We will also try to locate friends near each other if possible.
Q. What is the Key Deposit?
- A $50 Key Deposit will be required on the first day of camp from each residential camper upon check in. The Key Deposit must be written on a separate check from the camp tuition and must be made payable to Malibu Soccer Academy. The check will be returned to the camper at the end of the week when he/she returns their dorm key. Failure to return the dorm key on the last day will result in us cashing that check.
Q. What does a typical daily schedule for the Residential camp look like?
|First Day Schedule
||Check-in at Peperdine Soccer Field
Camp Introduction and Rules Overview
First Session and Icebreaker
Second Session - Evaluation Games
Classroom and Video
Typical Daily Schedule
||Good morning Mr Sunshine
Camper World Cup matches
|Last Day Schedule
||Rise and Shine
Finishing Session - Circuit Training
Final Session - World Cup Games
Group Awards, Evaluation and Check-Out